How To Market Your Life Coaching Practice
Marketing a life coaching business can be difficult and confusing, especially if you are not seeing the expected results. Are you doing absolutely everything you can to promote your services? Often we think there is nothing more we can do and yet we put in a lot of activity with little or no results. Ask yourself “Am I working hard, or am I working smart?”
What’s the difference?
Working hard is the result of doing the same things over and over, even though results aren’t as desired. If you keep doing the same things, you will keep getting the same results. If it’s not working why keep doing it?
Working smart is the result of trying new methods, building upon them, tweaking them, monitoring results and changing what is being done if necessary.
It’s all about you
In marketing, the way you think makes all the difference between success and disappointment. If you lack confidence it will come across to the people around you; if you believe in yourself others will be drawn to you.
To illustrate this, think of someone you admire and put yourself in their shoes. Imagine how they think. Perhaps your answers will be something along the lines of the following:
- They believe in themselves and that there is huge value in what they offer
- They create their own reality, rather than visa-versa
- They see everything as an opportunity to change
- Results are the product of ongoing improvement rather than a rigid adherence to repeating actions which are not yielding results
- They exude confidence, which in turn builds confidence and attracts like-minded clients
- When the road looks tough, they find a way and do it while the rest of us are saying “I should…”
If you keep doing things the same way, nothing will change, and results remain the same. It is in your hands to make change happen – it doesn’t happen by chance. Take a breath and ask yourself if you are the coach and leader you want to be. Be your own best client, and realise that the results you are achieving are the direct result of your thinking.
In order to market your business you need to market yourself: the first step is to acknowledge the value and benefits you bring to your clients.
At the Life Coaching College we help the continuation of building your skills, with courses covering all levels.