Become More Optimistic in Just Two Weeks
Do you spend a lot of time contemplating how badly situations can turn out? If so, it sounds like you’re a bit of a pessimist. In your mind’s eye, you picture the world crashing down around you. You always expect things to go in favor of another person instead of you.
It’s easy to fall under the spell of negative thinking. This is especially true when you’ve had some negative experiences. Now is the time to get out of that negative mindset.
With the pointers you’re about to read, you’ll successfully be able to turn from a pessimistic person into an optimistic one. The best part is that you can actually become more positive and less negative in two weeks or less!
Implement these strategies to become a more optimistic individual:
1. Count your blessings. Take a moment and write down all the blessings you’ve received in your lifetime. Write the small ones as well as the mammoth ones. Have you run out of paper or gotten blistered fingers? Both are signs of a multitude of blessings!
* A pessimist has no place counting blessings! Therefore, put aside your negative thinking and celebrate the positives that have happened in your lifetime.
* How many times have you confidently achieved success? It’s probably because you believed in yourself. If you did it then, you can do it now.
* Use your past positive experiences to fuel your drive to become a more positive person.
2. Recite your strengths in the mirror. Self-doubt brings about feelings of inadequacy. Then, you end up believing that you may not be good at anything. But is that really the case? When was the last time you took a moment to consider your strengths?
* Stand in front of your mirror today and recite your strengths. And yes, you have them! Your positive attributes are what got you all those blessings in the first place!
* Think about ways in which others have counted on you in the past. Why do you think they chose to rely on you? Because they know you have a great skill set.
* If you used a particular strength in the past, you can use it again for another mission.
3. Search for the good in situations. Even when things seem to be at their worst, there’s always a bright spot or a lesson to be learned. If you take the time, you’ll find that there’s something good in each of life’s situations.
* Even though something may cause you to feel sad, consider the possible joy of having a weight lifted off your shoulders.
* It may seem to you that you’ve failed at something. But truth be told, you may have succeeded at finally finding the right path for yourself.
4. Accept life’s journeys. Remember that you may not have everything going your way. That’s just the way life is. Accept the journey you’re on, knowing that you’re meant for that path.
* The sooner you accept a particular outcome, the easier it may be to move on and start fresh.
* Rejoice in the positive outcomes of others. You’re meant to live in harmony with the rest of the world. Use their joy as an opportunity for your own happiness.
5. Remember the sun rises. Bear in mind that the world doesn’t end with your negative experiences! After the disappointment, you go to bed and awaken to a new morning. Each sunrise provides another opportunity to succeed!
As you can see, it’s all about adjusting your thoughts. Changing how you process experiences can make it easier to become optimistic. Avoid allowing the outcome of one experience to determine how you’ll handle the next. Take each situation at face value with a bright smile and positive outlook!